In this Privacy Notice, “AISPA”/”we”/”us”/”our” refers to “ The Anglo – Italian Society for the Protection of Animals”, registered charity in England & Wales (335703) whose registered offices are at 30-34 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6BJ. We know how important it is to you that we protect your personal information and we are committed to guarding your confidentiality and respecting your choices at all times. Our processing and retention of personal information is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), or any legislation that amends or replaces it. For the purpose of the GDPR, we are the data controller.
The categories of information that we collect, process and hold include:
- Member/Supporter/Donor information (such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, membership source, type and longevity)
- Personal information – Staff Only (such as name, employee number, national insurance number, qualifications and references)
Why we collect and use this information
We use Member/Supporter/Donor information data to:
- Send you by post our Annual Appeal and Annual Report and any other relevant mailing such as one for an emergency appeal
- enable AISPA to support donor payment processing, including Gift Aid
The lawful basis on which we process this information
- Where information of a non-sensitive nature is processed and is therefore in AISPA’s legitimate interests i.e. membership/support.
We do not request or hold any sensitive personal data as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018).
Collecting this information
- Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is required in order to provide an effective and well managed process, it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. We will always seek your consent before sending you email marketing information.
We do not carry out any automated decision making or profiling.
Storing this information
We hold your data for the duration of your membership/support with/for the Society. Where we have collected payments, AISPA will retain your information for the time required to complete data processing requirements.
Who we share this information with
- We do not sell or trade your personal data
- We maintain all information solely for the use of AISPA.
- Our website donation platform is owned and managed by Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) who collects and processes data on our behalf. CAF have their own privacy notice; please visit their website for details. We also offer an individual fundraising platform for donors which is owned and managed by JustGiving.com. They have their own privacy notice; please visit their website for details.
Cookies and site tracking
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors if this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, conforming to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Requesting access to your personal data
You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data
You can change your mind at any time about whether to receive information from us or how you are contacted by phoning the Company Secretary, Andy Geddes on 01743 232559, emailing to or writing to him at: AISPA, 6th Floor, 2 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU
You also have the right to complain about data protection matters to the information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk).
Last updated on 25 May 2018